Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cherry Blossom Tattoo's Studio Space

Here is the updated craft room of Cherry Blossom Tattoo's Studio Space. The first feature was back in Feburary


 What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
I'm a fine art photographer, doing what I like to call 'comtemplative photography'. I love to focus on the little details and overlooked places.

Where do you do your art/crafts?
Well I am out and about all over getting those shots in lovely natural light :) Very little is set up in the studio. Though I do crop and slightly tweak my work at home on my trusty laptop.



How do you keep all your supplies organised?
Most of time everything is kept in the big storage boxes that I take to the market every week. I could not live with out my laptop and extra portable harddrive (to keep my images safe).  I only order large poster size prints and frames when I need them to keep clutter down though I do always have a good selection of greetings cards tucked away on my shelves. I recently bought another shelving unit which holds my cameras, their battery packs, all my envelopes, postcards and lots of mount and board.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
I need to be sure I take everything I need to the Market every Sunday so that I don't end up forgetting something, that is motivation enough for me. My studio is also my yoga room so it needs to be quite clear and calming.




Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
I think that if you are regularly at craft fairs of markets, like me, it simply makes sense to keep as much as possible in large portable containers. It's handy for moving about and you always know where everything is. One of my boxes is for products, the other is all the paperwork, wrapping, business cards, props and stands etc I also keep a tight reign on stock levels and never have too much of anything if I don't need it.

Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
YES - it's impossible to do any Yoga when you can't stretch out, ahaha. Also I am always tired, always, so Sunday mornings have to be easy, everything ready to go or I really do get stressed. Never touch anything in my room!



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?

As with anyone - it would be bigger, right? I would LOVE it to be a mainly glass outdoor room at the bottom of a garden (in a warmer climate). There would be lots more space to hang my work and thus use it as a gallery, plus I would love to take portraits so one area could be sofas etc.

Is there any craft you would love to do but cant due to limitations of your art space?

I would love to make my own frames. But with my permenant double vision saws and power tools are really very dangerous in my hands!



What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
It sounds really silly but I want one of those card display stands that spin around. Then I could see all my greeting card stock really easily. I'd get loads of use out of it at the markets too. But mostly I'd just like to be able to go to the shops and buy confidence!!



Is there a website for people to see or buy your art/crafts?
Photography Blog
 Etsy Shop


Thanks a million to Carrie for taking the time (again) to take photos of her studio and answer all of my questions!

4 comments:

  1. i love your little lounging corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh still as cute as back in Feb only its getting cuter I think! I love the colour same colour I have in my kitchen :)

    Was so chuffed with myself last day went to Ikea managed to get the cubed shelves you have in above photo in the bargin area for 11€ and were already assembled for me so went home with a big grin even though had to drive home with it sticking out the boot and all.... Think Im going to put a back on mine and maybe put wallpaper on it ie see a pretty design but then again will be over filled with too much stuff as per usual and wont be able to see the pattern lol

    Is the seating area for Hubbie or Maggie?! I wanna put a cat bed into mine but im sure the cat will just lie on everything but the bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool to get a look inside your space, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely space Carrie, well done for keeping it so tidy!

    ReplyDelete