Friday, February 19, 2010

Agata Balbina's Working Space


Agata Balbina's Working Space

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
I make crochet jewellery - I make tiny crochet charms like cupcakes (sprinkled with beads), dresses, handbags or bikinis and then I attach ear wires to them to make earrings.

Where do you create?

At home, lying in bed or sitting next to my desk and listening to music from my computer.
 


How do you keep all your supplies organised?
I have boxes for everything. One for colourful yarns - I like how they all look together so I don't forget to put them back there. Another one for ribbons (I also like making hairclip bows), beads and sequins. In the last one, I keep little bags with wires, ear wires, other metal accessories and tools. This way I can easily find what I am looking for - all boxes are labelled.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
I've just partly answered this question - I like when my crafting supplies are on their place, so I don't waste my time and nerves looking for something, it would destroy my creating flow.




Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
Divide your stuff into categories and find boxes in matching size. Remember that tidy space means more creativity, as you don't look at your mess


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Yes, so I try to avoid it. But when it get messy, I rather invest my time to clean it, than work in untidy environment.



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
I'd really love to have a bigger desk only for crafting, but my biggest dream is the whole wall with tiny drawers, each one for one type of beads, one ribbon, one yarn and so on. All labelled with their name and colour. Plus more sunlight and grey walls would be nice.


Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?
I'm in love with soldering glass pendants and I have lots of ideas for them but soldering require special equipment and a special desk to work on it. Now, I would only destroy mine.



Example of work by Agata Balbina

What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
I'm thinking about building this frame for earrings, which will be also useful on the fairs. It will be a big picture frame of my choice, with metal net inside, so it will be handy for hanging earrings.

Where can people view your work or purchase it?

Etsy Shops: http://agatabalbina.etsy.com/

Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agatabalbina/
Virtual Gallery: www.web.me.com/gagac (In Polish Only)


Example of work by Agata Balbina


Thanks to Agata for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

2 comments: