Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pink Purse Creative Studio


Pink Purse Creative Studio

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
I design and make handmade greeting cards. My background is in Graphic Design so it the transition made sense. I’m also pretty handy with a sewing machine and offer coffee cup cozies in my Etsy shop.

Where do you create?

We finished the basement last year and one of the rooms was always intended to become a craft room. I was working full-time but when I joined the ranks of the “10%+” my crafting took over our dining room, and then the front room and then a little bit of the foyer and some of the study. My husband put’s up with my mess and slow spreading for way longer than I expected! After Christmas this year, we made a trip to Ikea and got everything to make the studio a reality.



How do you keep all your supplies organised?
Since the space is pretty new, keeping organized is easy. The biggest challenge I have is remembering where I put everything. It gets messy while I am creating.



Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
I really try to put things away at the end of a session. That’s what I tell my kids to do all the time so I better live it as well!


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
I think mess is part of the creative process. When I am surrounded by all my beautiful papers and embellishments, I can start dreaming up the best solutions. Don’t give me one option. Every one of my designs is a little brainstorm.



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?

More space, more shelves, more work area, tons of natural light! I’d love a dedicated area for my paper crafts and a separate area for my sewing projects plus a set up for photographing all of it especially on cloudy or rainy days.

Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?

I like to spread out when I’m working so when I run out of space on the desk I start putting things on the floor. Sometimes, I’ve completely surrounded my chair. This is only a problem when I have to get up to go to the bathroom



What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
Another table for the sewing machine.

Where can people view your work or purchase it?
Etsy Shop: http://www.pinkpursecreative.etsy.com/
Blog: http://pinkpursecreative.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/cailin3
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Handmade-Cards-by-LLK/118994868147?ref=ts

 
Example of Pink Purse Creations

Thanks to LauraLee for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Love the shelves above and to either side of the desk. And the desk and the flat drawers. The card rack is awesome too! I really need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in your blog posts! I hope everyone enjoys the photos and finds inspiration for their own creative spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, someday I too will have a room of WONDERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck keeping it organized. I like to take photos of mine when it is a disaster - it makes me feel like I am getting something accomplished (even when I am not).

    ReplyDelete