Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Violeta’s Crochetize Studio


Violeta’s Crochetize Studio

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
At this moment I crochet accessories for women, but there’s going to be some changes in my shop and I will offer some cute little things for children too. I would make a lot of different things if only I knew where I can buy time!

Where do you create?

Fortunately, crocheting doesn’t require a lot of space, otherwise a would be facing a problem finding it. I have a small corner just for my own creation needs. It’s basically a 35”x35” table with a shelf on it. It’s a small office and working table in one. I store my yarn elsewhere though.



How do you keep all your supplies organised?
The shelf is occupied by books, hooks and other tools and bits. I store all the yarn separately from my work space. I keep it in two big wicker baskets. It’s not very convenient, but this is the only way I can store it for now.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
Here’s the advantage of small working area: there’s not much to clean!




Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
I use plastic boxes with sections to keep all of my small items in place. The shelf works magic turning the pile of unrelated things into tidy office.


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Definitely! When I’m in a hurry working on my next order, the table gets messy sometimes (crocheting, then sewing a bag, printing and filling out an invoice etc.) and I constantly need to clean it and prepare for the next step of my work.



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
Oh, I would loooove to have a room just for my crafting projects! I would have a huge shelf for my yarn and a big table, where I could put a sewing machine, cozy sofa to contemplate on and a few mannequins in the corner, maybe a little table for PC and inspiration boards on the walls.


Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?
I tried to felt but I gave up after my floor was almost floating because of the water excess I used for felting. Wet felting needs space, especially making big items.


I would also like to have my photography studio, but there is a budget limitation.



Example of Work from 'Crochetize'

What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
A shelf for my yarn so I could actually see what I have. Maybe a bigger table or separate table for my computer.

Where can people view your work or purchase it?

Etsy Shop: http://www.crochetize.etsy.com/
DaWanda Shop: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/Crochetize
Website: http://www.crochetize.com/


Example of Work from 'Crochetize'

Thanks to Violeta for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Your crocheting needles remind me of a surgeon ready to start work :)

    ...I really really love those black gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh... this attick studio reminds me of my favorite room ever! Mine was a little more gray/blue & also wasn an attict... miss it. So far my favorite studio on the blog! & amazing needle work!

    ReplyDelete