Monday, July 26, 2010

Joyce Garvey's Garden Studio


Artist Joyce Garvey

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
I'm a painter mostly oils and mixed media and I create painted glass objects.

Where do you create?

I paint in my garden studio and if the weather is good, in the garden itself!



How do you keep all your supplies organised?
I'm not a great organizer and not remotely tidy, but do try to keep my glass paints and oil paints in a separate part of the studio...sometimes not very successfully! I have one of those easels which has a big wooden box attached though which is handy storage.



Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
Hanging wet non canvas work out on the washing line is a good tip as long as you remember to bring them in again!


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
My favorite artist is Francis Bacon so I remind myself of his studio and don’t get stressed at mess! My husband does though if I'm working in the garden...He doesn't seem to like the new look purple grass!!



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
I LOVE where I work but of course would love abigger space and urgently need a bigger custom built sink.




What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
A bigger custom built sink.

Where can people view your work or purchase it?

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/joyce-garvey.html

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000948679930&ref=search



Thanks to Joyce for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you! 

2 comments:

  1. Really the most stunning work I've seen in ages...amazing colours and concepts...talented lady! Can wait for November exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed to see the painting on your blog. All I can say is that you are a blessed artist. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete