Monday, August 16, 2010

Ekta Aggarwal


Ekta Aggarwal

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
I have been working as a fine artist since 2000. My medium is Oil On Canvas.

Where do you create?

I work from home. I have a big room which I have converted into my workspace. It is ideally suited for painting as it is well lit, spacious and the floor and walls are a very light colour almost white.




How do you keep all your supplies organised?
I like to keep all my supplies neatly organised in separate boxes. I spend a few minutes daily cleaning my brushes and organising my stuff.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
I feel that a neat and tidy workspace allows for better work and also provides inspiration to create beautiful art. The pleasure of working in a clean enviroment keeps me motivated to keep my space tidy.

 


Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
I try and clean my art space on a daily basis. I find that spending a few minutes cleaning the workspace before starting and cleaning and putting all the supplies back in place before leaving the workspace in the evening saves a lot of time and energy in the long run.


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Yes I do get stressed out when my space gets in a mess as there is no joy working in a messy environment. I prefer a neat and clean space any day.

Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?

I would love to do pottery but cant do due to space limitations and also it needs a different kind of flooring.



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
My dream space would be away from the city in a picturesque setting with a nice big window from where I can enjoy the beautiful scene outside while I work at my canvas.

What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
I am looking to buy a music system for my art space so that I can listen to music while I paint.

Where can people view your work or purchase it?
http://www.ekta-aggarwal.com/html/home.html



T
hanks to Ekta for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that space is almost TOO clean and organized for me! Too much white! LOL. It is so interesting how each of us thrive in different spaces. I would need other art or nick-knacks for inspiration. Interesting to see someone who's work space is so different than mine, and yet we both do good work.

    If "The Blue Chair" is any example of Ekta's work ... it kind of reflects the work space. Minimalistic, simple, clean.

    Thanks for these great blog entries, Ann!

    ReplyDelete