Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nikki Designs


Nikki Designs

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
Interior decorating, custom draperies, slipcovers, bedding, table linens and cushions

Where do you create?
A studio in my home



How do you keep all your supplies organised?
plastic storage “towers”, bookshelves, long shelves and plastic bins for fabrics

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
I have to vacuum everyday to keep the floor clean. I use a lint brush constantly on my cutting/pressing table




Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
See-thru containers and label everything!


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Yes.


Example of Nikki Designs

Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?
No.


What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
Something to slide a bolt of fabric on for rolling out onto my table.


If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
More artistic and pretty – everything coordinated and neat. Long dowels on the wall to hang my bolts of fabric!

Where can people view your work or purchase it?

http://www.sewingbynikki.com/
http://www.nikkidesigns.etsy.com/
 


Example of Nikki Designs

Thanks to Nikki for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Now that's what I call a real studio space! And wow Nikki Designs work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete