Monday, April 7, 2014

Victoria Green - Joanouk Fine Art and Prints Studio Space

  • What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?I use traditional media to create art prints for the home.  Currently my favourite medium is watercolour but my sketches are copic markers and pencils. 
  • Where do you do your art/crafts?I have a spare room (Study) in the house and I've got a nice table by the window for natural light.
  • How do you keep all your supplies organised?I am still figuring this out because my computer and packaging supplies are in another room so it feels a little disjointed but I have a storage cabinet for all my paints, sewing machine, pencils and the rest sit on my desk.

  • How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?I don’t mind my space messy when I am working because I know where everything is and I’m using everything I take out. But once I finish a project I have to pack everything away and give the table a wipe for a fresh start.
  • Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?Containers for everything – I have my brushes in a glass jar and the larger ones in a pringle can! I have bought a little draw unit but took the draws out so I can place things on the empty shelves. Also have specific spaces for things – books in one area, brushes in another so they are easier to grab when needed. 
  • Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?Only if it stays that way for a few weeks – I still have a full time admin job so I don’t get much time to paint so I guess I have some patience.

  • If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?I like the area I have but I would definitely get more storage – line the walls or more containers – you can never have enough containers! 
  • Is there any craft you would love to do but cant due to limitations of your art space?I don’t think my space is my limitation but thinking about postage costs! I would love to head into large abstract acrylic art but asking a customer to pay for shipping and organising a courier is something I don’t have time for with a 9-5 job. 

  • What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?It would be to fill it with more supplies and possibly get some outdoor plants so I don’t have to stare out into a green fence when I am stuck for ideas!
  • Is there a website for people to see or buy your art/crafts?https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Joanoukwww.madeit.com.au/joanouk



No comments:

Post a Comment