Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dyluzo Designs


Dyluzo Designs

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
Well lots, I started with selling my ceramics on Etsy and wholesales to a soap company, but I also love sewing, knitting, painting, sculpting dolls and my newest passion is soap making!

Where do you create?
My bedroom, is where I do my sewing, painting and sculpting. In a spare bedroom in our basement is where I make ceramics and my soaps.




How do you keep all your supplies organised?
That is what I am asking my self all most every day! But I try to use containers of every shape and size, and book shelves. I store my wool and fabrics in a old 40's suitcase that is my favourite piece.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
well If I can't find something very important then it is time to get tidy!




Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
When you finish a project put everything back where it belongs. That would work in my case except I have 3 kids, two cats and a hubby that is always on my case about something and I have to leave my work space before I can tidy it up.


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Oh yes when I can't find that certain something!



If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
Either a lot in an old factory building with tall ceilings and tons of space or an old out building on a farm in the country!


Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?
Yes any big projects that require long time to make or dry etc.




What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
A big medicine cabinet where I can store my soaps to cure!

Where can people view your work or purchase it?

Etsy Shops: http://dyluzo.etsy.com/ and http://abagoffabric.etsy.com/
Blog: http://dyluzosdesigns.blogspot.com/





Examples of Dyluzo Designs work

Thanks to Dyluzo Designs for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the first photograph, I don't really like painting but all of a sudden I have an urge to paint your cups! lol

    ...and I so love your brown glazed leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love your studio! having a terrific place for ceramics would be delightful.

    ReplyDelete