Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tamsy Trends Studio


Tamsy Trends Studio

What kind of Art/Crafts do you do?
make jewellery – necklaces, bracelets and earrings, beaded hair accessories, charms and key chains.

Where do you create?

I have a small workspace in a spare bedroom in our house. This room also serves as a guest room and sometimes, the kids’ playroom.
 


How do you keep all your supplies organised?
I use lots of plastic bins, boxes and bead keeper organizers with multiple compartments.

How do you keep yourself motivated to keep your space tidy?
I always remember that if I don’t do it, nobody else will do it for me.


Any tips for how to keep art spaces tidy or organised?
Keep similar items together (for example, for me, I keep chains in one area, gemstones in another, etc.) and always put things back in their respective storage areas after each use.


Do you get stressed out when your space gets in a mess?
Oh yes, definitely. Since I am working with such small supplies (beads and findings), it gets really difficult if you cannot find something you need.


Example of work by Tamsy Trends

If you could have your dream space tomorrow what would it look like?
It would be a room that is solely for my use. It would have lots of built-in shelves and storage units for storing my beading supplies and finished products, a more spacious desk and a more comfortable chair.


Do space limitations get in the way of projects you have in mind?
Not really. I don’t need that much space to create jewellery. And since my current spaces is relatively new, I am still really enjoying having a space of my own right now.


What is the next big thing on your wish list for your art space?
I would like to install some shelving units on the wall above the desk to store my completed jewellery pieces.

Where can people view your work or purchase it?

Etsy Shops: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TamsyTrends

Blog: http://tamsytrends.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/tamsytrends
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TamsyTrends


Example of work by Tamsy Trends


Thanks to Tamsy for allowing me to publish her studio photos and for taking time to answer my questions! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you get your shelves up etc you should send me in more photos and I'll do a re-visit to your studio if you like?

    Your space is so nice bright and tidy, I bet its great for taking photos especially with all that white as well.

    ReplyDelete